United Defense Receives Theater Surface Award
United Defense Industries, Inc.
received the Theater Surface Combatants Award for Excellence, at its shipyard in Norfolk, Va. This award was presented to NORSHIPCO, a member of the United States Marine Repair (USMR) family of shipyards, during a ceremony at the yard in August. Rear Adm. William J. Cobb, Jr. presented the award to Tom Epley, NORSHIPCO's president and general manager.
NORSHIPCO received this honor for providing exceptional support to the Program Executive Office for Theater Surface Combatants throughout the planning, scheduling and execution of the Extended Docking Selected Restricted Availability for USS NORMANDY.
Additionally, NORSHIPCO met all milestones on or ahead of schedule and accomplished the entire work package seven days early.
The work package included system and component upgrades and regular maintenance, including hull girder modifications and installation of the allelectric ship alt.
Circle 52 on Reader Service Card www.maritimereporterinfo.com
Other stories from October 2002 issue
- Fincantieri Proceeds on Costa Fortuna page: 8
- The Genoa Sestri Shipyard page: 9
- RoRo Vessel Jolly Rubino Runs Aground page: 10
- Rolls Royce Engine Passes Initial Tests page: 11
- Crescent Tankships Orders Product Tankers page: 11
- The Risks of Cargo and Maritime Security page: 12
- Hydrex Broadens Its Hori^on^With Ney Bow Thruster Replacement Methods page: 18
- Keppel Performs Speedy FPSO Conversion page: 19
- ASRY Holds Another Busy Quarter page: 20
- UMC Goes Beneath The Surface page: 20
- United Defense Receives Theater Surface Award page: 20
- Where Everyone is A Celebrity page: 21
- Gladding-Hearn Delivers New Bermuda Ferry Contract page: 22
- Fresh Fuel Cell Initiatives page: 24
- Simulating Evacuation page: 26
- Houston Celebrates Rickmers Hamburg's Maiden Voyage page: 27
- Purposeful Chinese page: 27
- Izar And Rolls-Royce Plan High Speed Cargo Vessel page: 27
- The Littoral Combat Ship: Force Multiplier for the 21st Century page: 28
- NASSCO Delivers USNS Soderman to U.S. Navy page: 31
- Family of Ships Employs Spiral Design page: 31
- New Warships Will Transform U.S. Navy page: 32
- "Start Spreading the News ..." page: 33
- Retired Radm. Foley to Lead Gulfport Facility page: 34
- UFRJ Wins Student Design Competition page: 35
- KMSS Maritime Black Box: More Than Just A VDR page: 40
- Tech Helps Ignite Gas Ship Market page: 43
- How Far Has E-Procurement Come in the Maritime Community? page: 44
- Coatings Corrosion — A Natural Predator page: 46
- Haraco Services Now Part of Miihlhan Group page: 51
- New DynaMatch System Provides Versatility page: 51