Coflexip Stena Awarded $58 Million Contract
One of Coflexip Stena Offshore's U.K.
entities was awarded a large EPIC contract worth $58 million by BG International for its Blake subsea field, offshore Scotland at a depth of 295 ft. (90 m).
Situated approximately 9.5 km North of the Ross field in the Moray Firth, the Blake field will be tied-back to the existing Ross FPSO Bleo Holm, operated by Talisman.
Work scope for the project includes the installation of all the subsea structures and control system, including a manifold with six production wells gathered around, as well as two satellite water injection wells.
The engineering, manufacturing and installation of all the flowlines (rigid reeled, pipe in pipe, flexible) and umbilicals for the infield and tie-back connections; and the disconnection/reconnection of the FPSO that will be towed to and back from a conversion yard during Summer 2001.
Other stories from May 2000 issue
- E-Utopia? page: 6
- Offshore Climbing Higher In Oslo page: 7
- Resilient Dutch Network page: 8
- New Runners From U.K. And Japanese Stables page: 10
- FGH Finalizes $40M Contracts page: 12
- Effectively Assessing Your Risks page: 14
- Reach Higher Summit Bank page: 14
- Coflexip Stena Awarded $58 Million Contract page: 16
- Congressional Maritime Legislative Initiatives In 2000 page: 20
- Spaarneborg Premieres As First Of Stora Enso's New Series page: 23
- MacGregor Outfits Advanced KHI-Built RoRo page: 26
- Eastern Builds Research Vessel For U of M page: 27
- Kvichak Supplies Patrol Vessel page: 29
- Trimaran Demonstrator Progressing At VT page: 32
- Alstom, USN Team For Integrated Solution page: 33
- MDI: Shipyard Production Expertise page: 34
- FR. Fassmer & Co.: Keeping It In The Family page: 35
- Wet Welding Provides More Than Quick Fix page: 36
- A New Wave of Customer-Driven Offerings: The SAGA Process page: 38
- Cost-Saving Coating Approved page: 40
- Kurz Joins Hvide As CEO page: 41
- Efficient Bunker Buyers "Need to Know" page: 42
- Online Fuel Supplier Fueled By Support page: 44
- Dylon Lubricant Develops Heavy Duty Grease page: 45
- Greek Ferries: The New Business Model page: 47
- Icy Wasteland Or Shipping Utopia? page: 55
- Specialties Cornerstone of Canadian Market page: 56
- Irving Shipbuilding Appoints New President page: 58
- Autoship, PAI Join Forces page: 58
- MV Paul J. Martin Christened At Port Weller page: 59
- Construction Contract Awarded For New Z-Drive Tug page: 59
- Fleet Technology Completes Option Study page: 60