Barco's '88-89 Catalog Of Impellers Includes 2 New Elastomer Cam/Pumpliners
The new 1988-89 catalog of impellers, published by Barco Corporation of Tampa, Fla., includes two new elastomer Cam/Pumpliners.
According to the company, the Barco elastomer products are extremely resistant to sand abrasion and friction caused by dry running.
The Cam/Pumpliners 457 and 613, listed on page 1 of the catalog, are for the Jabsco 17000 and 18000 seawater pumps used on various Caterpillar, Cummins and Detroit Diesel marine engines.
The 12-page catalog, which is effective September 1, 1988, includes the Barco Impeller Cross Reference Index and Silhouette Guide. A new retail price list, also effective September 1,1988, is inserted.
Included in the publication are tables listing model numbers, impeller dimensions, shaft diamemter dimension and number of blades.
Also included are disassembly and assembly instructions for changing Barco impellers.
According to Barco, their impellers are the only flexible impellers guaranteed to run dry 15 minutes.
Barco elastomer products are now used by the United States Coast Guard.
For more information and a free copy of the new 12-page catalog from Barco Corporation, Circle 89 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from October 1988 issue
- Campbell Receives Order For Three 'Super Pacific' Tuna Purse Seiners page: 5
- Workboat Division Of MonArk Boat Changes Name To SeaArk Marine— Key Personnel Changes Announced page: 6
- Columbian Rope Co. Offers Free Literature Detailing New Fiber Rope For Marine Use page: 6
- Caterpillar-Powered Passenger Ferry Delivered By Moss Point Marine To State Of North Carolina page: 7
- General Ship Repair To Build Tender/Breaker Under $921,320 Contract page: 8
- Carnival Acquires Majority Of Admiral, RCCL For $550 Million page: 8
- P&O Purchases Sitmar Cruises For $210 Million page: 9
- Intertrade Awarded Navy Contract To Supply Messenger/Position Buoys page: 10
- HHI Wins $230-Million Offshore Project For ONGC In India page: 10
- Trinity Marine Group To Build Navy Oceanographic Research Ship page: 11
- Deck Machinery And Cargo-Handling Equipment page: 12
- FISH EXPO '88 page: 22
- Two More C-10 Containerships Delivered To APL By German Yards page: 26
- Okabe Offers Mil-Spec Fasteners Stocking And Mill Shipment Program page: 29
- G. Marine Diesel Leases Brooklyn Navy Yard Facilities page: 30
- Slaughter Joins Butterworth Tank Cleaning Machines page: 31
- World's Largest Monohull Crane Ship To Be Outfitted At McDermott Yard page: 34
- Bardex Views Contract Activity As Sign Of Offshore Improvement page: 35
- Cummins-Powered Crewboat Being Built At Matsumo Yard For Esso Resource Canada page: 36
- Matson Navigation Requests Bids From Three U.S. Shipyards To Build RO/RO Containership page: 37
- Advanced Deck Cranes From O&K Shorten Berthing Times, Cut Costs page: 38
- GASTECH 88 page: 40
- Fire-Damaged Crabber 'Reborn' After Conversion At MARCO-Seattle Yard page: 41
- 'Consolidation And Expansion' Will Be Theme Of Seatrade's Cruise Shipping '89 page: 42
- AESA Wins Orders From Cuba, Sweden; Will Build Seven Ships page: 43
- Free Literature Offered On High-Tech Multi-Pak Marine Trash Compactors page: 43
- Upgraded MAN B&W L28/32 Engine Offers Improved Fuel Economy, Reliability And Durability page: 44
- Unitor Offers Free 14-Page Brochure On Ship Services & Products page: 45
- New RAY-152 SSB Radiotelephone From Raytheon Provides Outstanding Long-Range Communication page: 46
- L'Orange Offers Free Literature On Engine Injector Systems page: 46
- Liquefied Gas Shipping— New Drewry Report Predicts Continued Improvement page: 47
- Rados-Designed Research And Monitoring Vessel Being Built By Knight & Carver In San Diego page: 48
- Rauma-Repola Deck Machinery And Aquamaster Propulsion Join Forces In New Company page: 48
- Golar Marine Incinerators Detailed In Free Literature page: 49
- Barco's '88-89 Catalog Of Impellers Includes 2 New Elastomer Cam/Pumpliners page: 49
- Trinity Marine Group Acquires Assets Of Guarino & Cox, Naval Architects page: 54
- Wartsila Diesel Announces Personnel Appointments page: 57
- HHI Wins Contract To Build LPG Carrier For Kosan Fleet Of Denmark page: 58