New 12-Page PBM Catalog On Multi-Port Ball Valves
Pittsburgh Brass Manufacturing Co. (PBM) of Irwin, Pa., has published a 12-page catalog on three-, four-, and five-way multi-port ball valves.
PBM's recently redesigned line of these valves incorporate streamlined investment cast components that, according to the company, increase the pressure and temperature range of the valve.
Pressures to 400 psi and temperatures to 550 degrees F are now possible.
Mated to an electric actuator, these valves tie directly into microprocessor-controlled systems through the use of an encoder or resolver. The manufacturer says that one valve/actuator takes the place of from two to four two-way valves and simplifies the piping system and computer programming.
Seventy-three flow patterns are available in valve sizes from Vi -inch to 4 inches. Materials of construction include 316 stainless steel, carbon steel, iron, bronze and other exotic alloys.
The multi-port valve catalog, section IV, has been upgraded to include a wealth of engineering data, including Cv charts, pressure/temperature curves and dimensional data.
For more information and a free copy of the catalog from PBM, Circle 8 2 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from July 1988 issue
- Stolt-Nielsen Buys Out Oiltanking's Interest In Houston Storage Terminal page: 4
- Curtis Bay Towing Changes Name page: 6
- Arthur Engel Chosen Maritime Man Of The Year page: 6
- General Thermodynamics Offers Free Literature On 300-A BMEP Balancer page: 6
- Wartsila Marine-Turku Delivers 1,800-Passenger Cruise Ship To Norwegian Cruise Line page: 7
- Watercom Names Gerald A. Motta VP, Operations page: 7
- SPD Technologies Acquires Brown Boveri Switchgear Unit page: 8
- Soundcoat Introduces Four Lightweight Vibration Damping Materials page: 9
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 10
- SNAME To Hold 1988 Ship Production Symposium In Seattle, August 24-26 page: 24
- Burmeister & Wain Christens Panamax Product Tanker page: 26
- MMS Brochures Detail Cost-Cutting Ship And Shore Management Systems page: 28
- Nichols Brothers Boat Builders Delivers 500-Passenger Catamaran page: 28
- BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NEW NAVAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM page: 31
- House Subcommittee Looks To Open Competition To Build Fourth Aegis Destroyer page: 33
- Marinette Marine Delivers First Of Seven Training Vessels page: 33
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 36
- Under Seas Defense '88 To Be Held In San Diego On October 3-6 page: 43
- Kelly Klosure Units Used By General Ship In Navy Renovation Work page: 44
- Marine Machinery Association Holds Government-Industry Forum On Ship Repair And Parts Quality page: 45
- Equitable Reopens Louisiana Shipyard To Build Coal Barges page: 49
- MarineSafety Awarded Los Angeles Port Study page: 50
- MARINE LUBRICANTS MEETING THE DEMANDS OF NEW AND UPGRADED DIESELS page: 52
- New 12-Page PBM Catalog On Multi-Port Ball Valves page: 63
- Ameron Marine Coatings Offers High-Performance Products For Steelwork Protection page: 63
- Established Canadian Firm Designs And Builds Innovative Vessels And Marine Equipment page: 63
- American Heavy Lift Names Admiral Peet To Board of Directors page: 64