Scheidt Named Marketing And Sales Vice President For American Steamship
Michael M. Scheidt has been promoted to vice president-marketing and sales of American Steamship Company (ASC), Buffalo, N.Y.
The announcement was made by ASC's senior vice president, Ned A.
Smith. Mr. Scheidt will be actively involved with the planning and development of long-term marketing strategies and policies; he will continue to be responsible for the sales function.
He began his career with ASC in 1967 as an administrative assistant for the grain brokerage and agency operations of Boland & Cornelius, a subsidiary of ASC. Other positions he has held include traffic dispatcher, assistant vice president-traffic, vice president-business development, and vice president-sales. He graduated from the University of Vermont with a BA degree in business administration.
Another change in ASC's marketing department announced by Mr.
Smith was the promotion of Russell W. Luther to assistant vice president-sales. An account executive with ASC since 1981, he will remain in charge of his various Great Lakes accounts as well as ASC's marketing efforts off the Lakes.
Other stories from May 15, 1985 issue
- Scheidt Named Marketing And Sales Vice President For American Steamship page: 5
- Radio-Holland USA, B.V. Automates Coastal Station WLO's Radiotelex Service page: 5
- Terry Announces New GLT Single-Stage Turbine page: 6
- NEW GHH-Constructed Drydock, Mission Bay, For Continental Maritime page: 8
- Free Brochure From Baldt Details Moor-Free™ Rapid Release System page: 8
- Korobov Elected Vice President-Finance For COMSAT TeleSystems— Mutnick Named Controller page: 10
- Tano Receives Additional Coast Guard Contract Valued At $2.7 Million page: 10
- Daewoo Wins $16.5-Million Contract To Build Offshore Vessel For India page: 10
- Exclusive Rep For Danish Firm Introduces Radiotelephone System page: 10
- Weerts Named Senior Program Manager For American Systems page: 11
- ABS Developing New Computer Programs To Aid Ship Designers page: 11
- Smith Appointed Senior Vice President For American Steamship page: 14
- Bohme Named Product Development Manager For Simpson Timber page: 14
- Joseph Joins COMSAT As Executive Vice President page: 14
- Lundberg Reappointed Director General Of INMARSAT page: 16
- Literature Available On Clemco Industries' 'Educt-O-Matic' page: 16
- Hubbard Named To Newly Created Position At American President Lines page: 16
- SNAME Introduces New Quarterly— The Journal Of Ship Production page: 16
- Cambridge Instruments Completes New Plant page: 16
- Navigation & Communications Equipment — A R e v i e w— page: 18
- Elliott White Gill Thrusters Offer Unique Advantages page: 32
- Tompkins To Market BFGoodrich Bearings In Four Eastern States page: 33
- Los Angeles SNAME And ASNE Sections Meet In Joint Session page: 34
- Literature Available On FIRE-PREP® 2012 From Nalco Chemical page: 34
- Skantek Announces SK-401, An OCR Software Technology Breakthrough page: 34
- John Crane Offers Literature On Their Line Of Bellows Seals page: 34
- Flakt Offers 20-Page Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 36
- Clemco Pipe Cleaning Tools Blast-Clean Pipe Interior Without Rotating The Pipe page: 39
- Hitachi Delivers Jackup Rig Built For O N G C Of India page: 39
- PRC Announces Availability Of New Family Of Mercaptan Functional Polymers page: 40
- New Boiler Cleaning Technique Offers Savings For Vessel Owners page: 45
- Gulfport Orders Second Paceco Container Crane page: 45
- Brochure Available On HF-SSB Radio Products From Harris Corporation page: 45
- Halter Marine Awarded $85-Million Navy Contract To Build Six T-AGOS Ships page: 46
- Bailey Joins Selkirk Metalbestos As Staff Engineer For Piping Line page: 46
- Zito Named Vice President- Marketing & Development Of COMSAT Technology page: 46
- No Claims Yet On Cat's Over-The-Counter Parts Availability Guarantee page: 46
- Racal Wins $2.8-Million For Marine Simulators page: 46
- McTighe Offers Brochure On High-Flow & Low-Flow Oil/Water Separators page: 46