Couch Named President Of Matson Navigation— Wasacz President Of A&B
John C. Couch has been appointed president and chief operating officer of Matson Navigation Company, and also has been named executive vice president of Alexander & Baldwin, Inc., Matson's parent company. He had been Matson's executive vice president for the past year.
At the same time, Michael S.
Wasacz, who had been senior executive vice president of A&B, becomes president and chief operating officer of that company, responsible for all operating and staff organizations of A&B and its subsidiaries.
Mr. Couch joined Matson in 1976 and was named a vice president in 1978. He became president of Matson Terminals, Inc. in 1979, and was named a Matson senior vice president before being promoted to executive vice president at the beginning of 1984.
Mr. Wasacz started with Matson in 1959. He became a vice president in 1976, senior vice president in 1978, and was named Matson's president and COO in 1981. That same year he was appointed executive vice president of A&B, and in January 1984 was promoted to senior executive vice president.
Other stories from January 15, 1985 issue
- Call For Papers Issued By SNAME New England For Computer Symposium page: 4
- Couch Named President Of Matson Navigation— Wasacz President Of A&B page: 5
- SecNav Lehman Announces Contract Awards Totaling Almost $2 Billion page: 5
- Hyde Names Two New Vice Presidents page: 6
- Another Fast Delaware Pilots Boat Delivered By Gladding-Hearn Yard page: 6
- Hyundai To Build Four Rigs For ODECO At Total Cost Of $260 Million page: 7
- RDI Announces $15-Million Agreement With China For Electronic Shipping Safety Systems page: 7
- Newport News Shipbuilding Delivers Attack Submarine 'Olympia' page: 8
- Fifth Generation Of Family Named To Executive Posts At Hughes Companies page: 8
- Butterworth Announces A New SCAMP Underwater Hull Cleaning Station page: 8
- New Chief Seattle Fireboat Provides High-Speed Response page: 10
- New York Port Engineers' Society Tours MarineSafety Simulators page: 11
- Todd Awarded $30 Million By Navy To Modify First Aviation Support Vessel page: 11
- COMPUTERIZED VESSEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS page: 14
- Ingram Purchases Assets Of Ohio Barge Line And Mon-Valley Transportation page: 22
- Marconi Introduces The New Oceanray SAT-COM page: 22
- Bay-Houston Towing Offers 'Port Reference Handbook' For Six Gulf Ports page: 23
- Eisert Named To Head General Electric's New Navy Programs Section page: 26
- Daewoo To Build Tanker For Norwegian Company For $40 Million page: 26
- Tracor Marine Awarded $2.5-Million MSC Contract To Operate Research Ship page: 28
- Navy Awards Bell Aerospace Textron $27.3-Million Contract For New Minesweeper Hunter page: 28
- Gerard M. McAllister 1910-1984 page: 29
- Diesel Engine Manufacturers Continue To Improve The Fuel Efficiency Of Their Engines page: 30
- Sea Data Corporation Introduces Deep Sea Instrumentation Cable page: 46
- Kastalon Offers New Brochure On Polyurethane Crane Bumpers page: 47
- Goodway Offers New Catalog On Tube Cleaning Systems And Pressure Washers page: 47