Hitachi Zosen Delivers Bulk Carrier To Greek Owner
The North Marchioness, a 61,177-dwt bulk carrier, was recently completed at Hitachi Zosen's Ariake Works and subsequently delivered to its owner, Polaris Transport Corporation of Greece.
The North Marchioness is the eighth Panamax 60BC Mark II-type bulk carrier built by Hitachi Zosen, and is designed to carry various ore, coal and grain cargoes. The Panamax Mark II type is a Hitachi Zosen-developed standardized bulk carrier of the largest size which can sail the Panama Canal. The ship employs a low speed main engine and a largediameter propeller, as well as a Hitachi Zosen- developed stern bulb, to reduce vibration and noise, while at the same time improving propulsion efficiency. Also, .anti-fouling paint of a self-polishing type is used to further improve propulsion efficiency. All together these and other design features ensure fuel-saving ship operation.
The main features and approximate specifications of the ship are as follows: length 705 V2 feet; breadth 105V2 feet; and depth of 584 feet.
The main engine is a Hitachi Zosen B&W 7L6MC-type diesel with a maximum continuous output of 11,750 hp x 103 rpm, producing a trial speed of 16.44 knots. The North Marchinoess is classified by Lloyd's Register.
Other stories from July 15, 1984 issue
- Tacoma Boat Awarded $110-Million Contract To Build Passenger Liner page: 4
- Hitachi Zosen Delivers Bulk Carrier To Greek Owner page: 5
- Cummins Engine Announces New Engine Model Codes For Marine Product Line page: 5
- Engineering Partnership Formed By Kongsberg And McDermott International page: 6
- Deutsch Metal Offers Free Pyplok Catalog page: 6
- Bender Delivers 98-Foot New Bedford Scalloper page: 7
- Philadelphia Gear Supplies New Propulsion Drives For San Francisco Ferry Boats page: 8
- Gennaro Oliva Joins Atlantic Coast Enterprises page: 8
- Bob Daniels Named New Marland President & CEO page: 9
- NABRICO Names Gower VP-Engineering page: 9
- American-Standard Offers Free Bulletin On FanEX® Air/Oil Heat Exchangers page: 9
- Sonat Subsea Services Appoints Senior VP page: 10
- New Raytheon SSB Is Microprocessor Controlled —Literature Available page: 10
- NOR-FISHING '84 page: 12
- OFFSHORE NORTHERN SEAS page: 16
- SCANDINAVIAN SHIPBUILDING page: 23
- Magnavox MX 1100 Series Navigators GPS Upgradable —Literature Available page: 34
- Ingram Materials Expands Bulk Marine Terminal page: 35
- Emerson Shank Joins Desco Marine As VP Sales And Marketing page: 35
- Navy Adding 19 Ships To Ready Reserve Force page: 36
- AMR™ Is New Name For Transamerica Delaval Line Of Three-Screw Pumps page: 37
- Caterpillar Offers Remanufactured Fuel Nozzles And Tune-Up Kits page: 37
- SNAME Issues Call For Papers For 1985 OTC page: 38
- Comsat Dedicates Roaring Creek Earth Station page: 38
- Norcontrol Renews Long-Term Agreement With B&W Diesel page: 41