Emerson Shank Joins Desco Marine As VP Sales And Marketing
Desco Marine president Tom Collins announced recently that Emerson Shank has accepted the position of vice president for sales and marketing with the St. Augustine shipbuilder. Mr. Shank will supervise Desco's sales and marketing program for new boat construction, repair and marine hardware and supply.
"We will be more aggressive in our efforts to promote our products and expand our capabilities," said Mr. Collins when announcing Mr.
Shank's appointment. "This is a continuation of the program begun last year with new ownership and the addition of several new product lines." Mr. Shank's sales background includes 15 years with V.A.W.
Aluminum, a West German manufacturing company with over $2 billion in annual sales. Overall, he has been active in marketing and sales for 25 years.
In addition to Mr. Shank, other management personnel to join the Desco team recently include John L. Leonard as production man manager, and Mike Russell as naval architect and engineering manager.
Desco Marine, Inc. is a modern shipbuilding and repair facility located in St. Augustine, Fla. Desco's capabilities include steel boats up to 200 feet, fiberglass boats to 90 feet and wood boats to 73 feet. For information regarding Desco Marine's products and services, Circle 8 2 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from July 15, 1984 issue
- Tacoma Boat Awarded $110-Million Contract To Build Passenger Liner page: 4
- Hitachi Zosen Delivers Bulk Carrier To Greek Owner page: 5
- Cummins Engine Announces New Engine Model Codes For Marine Product Line page: 5
- Engineering Partnership Formed By Kongsberg And McDermott International page: 6
- Deutsch Metal Offers Free Pyplok Catalog page: 6
- Bender Delivers 98-Foot New Bedford Scalloper page: 7
- Philadelphia Gear Supplies New Propulsion Drives For San Francisco Ferry Boats page: 8
- Gennaro Oliva Joins Atlantic Coast Enterprises page: 8
- Bob Daniels Named New Marland President & CEO page: 9
- NABRICO Names Gower VP-Engineering page: 9
- American-Standard Offers Free Bulletin On FanEX® Air/Oil Heat Exchangers page: 9
- Sonat Subsea Services Appoints Senior VP page: 10
- New Raytheon SSB Is Microprocessor Controlled —Literature Available page: 10
- NOR-FISHING '84 page: 12
- OFFSHORE NORTHERN SEAS page: 16
- SCANDINAVIAN SHIPBUILDING page: 23
- Magnavox MX 1100 Series Navigators GPS Upgradable —Literature Available page: 34
- Ingram Materials Expands Bulk Marine Terminal page: 35
- Emerson Shank Joins Desco Marine As VP Sales And Marketing page: 35
- Navy Adding 19 Ships To Ready Reserve Force page: 36
- AMR™ Is New Name For Transamerica Delaval Line Of Three-Screw Pumps page: 37
- Caterpillar Offers Remanufactured Fuel Nozzles And Tune-Up Kits page: 37
- SNAME Issues Call For Papers For 1985 OTC page: 38
- Comsat Dedicates Roaring Creek Earth Station page: 38
- Norcontrol Renews Long-Term Agreement With B&W Diesel page: 41