Free Interface Offered With Texas Instruments' SatNav —Literature Available
Texas Instruments recently announced an introductory offer for its new TI 5000 satellite navigator.
The offer, which is in effect until July 31, 1983, consists of a free interface board with the purchase of a TI 5000. Literature is available on the SatNav.
The interface board, designed to be installed in a TI Loran, allows the user to link the TI 5000 to a TI Loran receiver (TI 9000 series) or navigator (TI 9900 series) . The combination produces TI's LORSAT navigation system.
Present TI Loran owners will be able to upgrade their existing navigation system with the purchase of a TI 5000 and the free interface board. TI Loran units which accept the interface board include the TI 9000A, TI 9000N, TI 9000NS, TI 9000S, TI 9900 or TI 9900N.
The LORSAT integrated navigation system, announced in Oc October 1982, is achieved by combining the TI 5000 satellite navigator with the interface board which accepts external inputs from a TI Loran receiver or navigator.
The new system combines the accuracy and worldwide coverage of satellite navigation with the continuous signal of Loran C navigation. The LORSAT system offers extended range and improved conventional Loran C operation, and worldwide transit navigation.
For a free copy of the literature, Write 34 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from February 15, 1983 issue
- Raytheon Service Awarded $1-Million Navy Electronics Contract For Conversions page: 4
- USCG Uses Faster, Easier Stud Welding System —Literature Available page: 8
- National Marine Opens Dock-Side Diesel Shop In Harvey, Louisiana —Literature Offered page: 8
- Burrard Yarrows Announces Two Senior Appointments page: 8
- Raytheon Company Forms New Office Of Corporate Marketing page: 8
- Successful Trials Held For Heavy Lift Vessel Sibig Venture page: 10
- Raytheon Holds SatCom Engineering Seminar page: 10
- NABRICO Names Holland Tidewater Area Distributor page: 10
- INTERNATIONAL OIL SPILL CONFERENCE page: 14
- Irvine Named General Manager And Chief Surveyor For AMT Panama page: 23
- Ocean Carriers Seeks MarAd Approval For T-5 Tankers Charter To MSC page: 24
- TeleSystems Concludes Distribution Agreement With Grove Of Canada page: 24
- Eastern Marine Delivers Trinity River To Transportation Resources page: 25
- COAL EXPORTS page: 26
- Navy Secretary Says '83 Budget Permits Fleet To Reach 600 Ships page: 27
- Halter Marine Delivers First Of Four 191-Foot Supply Boats To Point Express page: 30
- Navy Solicits Qualified Sources To Overhaul Ships Machinery page: 30
- First Of Five Tankers For USSR Christened At Rauma-Repola Yard page: 32
- LR#s Offshore Register Shows Increase Of Over 100 Units In Mobile Drilling Rigs page: 32
- $4.5 Million In Cost Increases Approved By MarAd For Two Ro/Ro's page: 32
- AWO 40 YEARS OF PROGRESS page: 34
- Navy Exercises Final Options In $1.7 Billion T-AKX Program page: 37
- Leevac Shipyards Delivers 165-Foot Supply Vessel To Offshore Express page: 38
- Bay Shipbuilding Completes Repairs To USCG Cutter Mackinaw Ahead Of Schedule page: 39
- Newport News Announces Five Executive Appointments page: 40
- USS Ticonderoga, First Of New Class Of Cruisers, Joins The Fleet page: 41
- Amos Baki Appointed Vice President At Rosenblatt & Son page: 42
- Frydenbo Names Triconn Licensee In U.S. For Rotary Steering Gear page: 42
- Report Available On Computer Data Transfer Via Maritime Satellite page: 43
- Hitachi Zosen Shipyard Delivers 53,538-Dwt Car/Bulk Carrier page: 49
- •Blount Delivers Cruise Vessel For Chesapeake Bay Service page: 49
- Air Hoists Help Speed Propeller Repair At Todd's Seattle Yard page: 49
- Asia Pacific Launches Supply Vessel For National Marine page: 54
- Malcolm Dick Elected President Of Gibbs & Cox Naval Architectural Firm page: 55
- Free Interface Offered With Texas Instruments' SatNav —Literature Available page: 55
- New Managing Director Appointed At Neorion page: 55
- General Dynamics Elects Fritz G. Tovar To New Vice Presidential Posts page: 55
- Free 24-Page Color Brochure Describes Deutz B/AM 816 Diesels page: 55
- New Model Pilot Ladder Has Easily Replaced Steps —Literature Available page: 55