NABRICO Delivers Two Asphalt Barges To National Marine Service
Two 297-foot double-skin rake tank barges specifically designed for asphalt service by Nashville Bridge Company (NABRICO) have been delivered to National Marine Service, Inc. of St. Louis.
Each barge has a total capacity of approximately 29,000 barrels or 1,218,000 gallons.
For asphalt service, a barge must be heated at a constant temperature in order to keep the asphalt fluid. This heat is supplied by a volcanic heater and is transmitted by way of heating oil through a hot oil piping system.
The asphalt is unloaded by way of a Sier Bath pump at a rate of 2,800 gallons per minute. The total off-loading time is approximately 71/2 hours for each barge.
The barges are certified by the United States Coast Guard for the carriage of Grade "A" or lower products. They are provided with American Bureau of Shipping c l a s s i f i c a t i o n A-l Tank Barge, River Service and loadline for unmanned voyages between Chicago and Michigan City, Ind., and between Carrabelle, Fla., and St. Marks, Fla.
NABRICO is a wholly owned subsidiary of The American Ship Building Company, Tampa, Fla.
Headquartered in Nashville, NABRICO has been in the marine field for more than 60 years and is primarily concerned with the design, engineering, and construction of grain and coal barges, deck barges, liquid tank barges, cement barges, drydocks and towboats.
NABRICO is a major supplier to the entire marine industry of marine deck hardware. The company, which has plants in N a s h v i l l e and Ashland City, Tenn., pioneered the design and building of much of the modern equipment used on rivers today.
Other stories from October 15, 1980 issue
- Promet Awarded Contract For Jackup Drill Rig By Saudi Arabian Owner page: 4
- Expansion At Conrad Industries Triples Barge Production Capacity page: 6
- RSV Group Reorganized— M i d l a n d Marine Will Now Represent Verolme In U.S. page: 7
- Kockums Christens Two Chemical Tankers For Swedish Owner page: 10
- Skinner Named Board Chairman Of National Waterways Conference page: 10
- Surge In Requests For ABS Classification Reported At Mid-Year page: 10
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 14
- Misener Reaches Milestone With Delivery Of 'El Coqui7 page: 36
- Shearson Seeks Title XI On $17.5-Million Order For 65 Hopper Barges page: 38
- Dean Willard Named President Of Products Research & Chemical page: 38
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers M/V Boone To Cincinnati Gas And Electric page: 41
- Keel-Laying At NASSCO Held For Third Union Oil Product Carrier page: 41
- New Weather Satellite Unit Introduced By GPI —Literature Available page: 46
- J.B. Travis & Company Named Gulf Sales Rep For Adrick Cooling page: 46
- NABRICO Delivers Two Asphalt Barges To National Marine Service page: 48
- Updated Marine Survey Practice Compendium Now Available page: 48
- Zidell Repairing Three Coast Guard Vessels At Total Cost Of $1 Million page: 53
- Norris Butterfly Valve Features Positive Shutoff —Literature Available page: 55
- The Sea-Shed System page: 56
- First American Asks Title XI On Two Bulk/Containerships page: 58
- Marine Efficiency Opens New Seattle Office To Serve Fishing Industry page: 58
- J.C. Kiersted Appointed Public Relations Manager For Texaco U.S.A. page: 59
- Marland Acquires Allied Water page: 61
- Combination Aluminum Seiner Delivered By Progressive Marine page: 63
- Grain Transfer Facility Hull Launched At Bergeron Yard page: 63
- Joe Christopher Joins Schnitzer-Levin Marine As Engineering Manager page: 64
- New Small Probes Expand Use Of Thickness G a g e - Literature Available page: 64
- $14-Million Scrapping Facility To Be Built In Netherlands Antilles page: 64
- Jackup Rig For Marine Drilling Commissioned At Beth-Beaumont page: 66
- MacGregor Will Provide Two Service Stations In People's Republic page: 70
- H.Z. Shelton Appointed Vice President-Finance For Sun Ship, Inc. page: 71
- Marinette Marine Awarded Contract For 10 YRBM (L) Vessels page: 71
- Savage Named General Manager-Port Sales For NY&NJ Port Authority page: 71
- A.I. Levy Named Chairman, J.J. Alcina President Of Arthur Levy Enterprises page: 72
- New Instrument Monitors Chlorine Residuals- Literature Available page: 72
- Gulf Fleet Marine Announces Four Staff Appointments page: 73
- Sino-American Maritime Accord Announced By Commerce Department page: 74