Second Tsavliris Bulkcarrier Delivered By CCN
Companhia Comercio e Navegacao (CCN) of Brazil recently delivered the Claire A. Tsavliris, a 26,500-dwt Prinasa 26/15 bulkcarrier, to her owners the Greek Tsavliris Group.
The second vessel to be delivered by CCN for Greek account, the Claire A. Tsavliris joins her s i s t e r s h i p , the Alexandros G.
Tsavliris, which was d e l i v e r ed last year.
The vessel was put into service upon delivery. The Claire A.
Tsavliris has full container capability and can carry about 600 twenty-foot containers, as well as timber, on deck. She has a lifting capacity of 32 tons on twin crane operation, and can carry general cargo, containers, iron ore, and a variety of other goods in her five holds.
Equipped with a 13,300-bhp diesel engine, the vessel can develop a service speed of 15.4 knots at 85 percent MCR. The ship's length overall is 173.16 meters, length bp, 163 meters, breadth, molded, 16.6 meters, depth, molded, 13.5 meters, and a mean summer draft of 9.72 meters (about 568 feet by 535 feet by 54 feet by 44 feet by 31 feet).
Other stories from February 15, 1980 issue
- Shipbuilders Council Reports U.S. Shipbuilding Produces Net Plus Economic Effect page: 6
- Riverway Shipyard Delivers 50' Towboat To Corps Of Engineers page: 6
- Robert Sanders To Yard Superintendent page: 8
- Phillip Gresser Associates Will Move Offices To Palm Beach, Florida page: 11
- First Of Two For Waterman -S/S Benjamin Harrison- Christened At Avondale page: 12
- Wiley Completes Ferryboat Surry To Operate At James River Crossing page: 12
- Thompsen Appointed VP At Jackson Engineering page: 15
- Wendt Named President Of Sperry Division page: 16
- Parsons Brinckerhoff Will Develop Boston Container Terminal page: 17
- Free Bulletin Offered On Marine Alternators For Work, Crew, Supply Boats page: 17
- Sayville Ferry Service Adds New Vessel To Fleet page: 18
- Fink And Calvert Named At Wichita Clutch Co. page: 18
- Chesapeake Section SNAME Hears Ocean Energy Systems Paper page: 20
- M/V National Energy Christened In New Orleans page: 24
- Literature Offered On New Harris RF Communications Synthesized Transceiver page: 24
- Atlantic Marine Delivers 74' Combination Trawler John Gregory page: 24
- Second Tsavliris Bulkcarrier Delivered By CCN page: 29
- McDermott Develops New Pipeline Welding System —Literature Available page: 29
- Wayne Musgrove To Head New Chem-Marine Corp. page: 34
- Santa Fe Names Three To Top Management Posts page: 36
- NABRICO Delivers Four Of Six New Barges To Hollywood Marine page: 36
- Decker Named VP And General Manager Of Sperry Gyroscope Unit page: 38
- San Marcos Purchases Vessel For Conversion In Japanese Yard page: 40
- Jackson Engineering Names Paul Reynolds Supervisor, Coatings Dept. page: 40
- Swiftships Completes The Streljko For Yugoslavian Owners page: 41
- ASNE So. New England Section Hears Gen'l Dynamics Paper On LNG Spheres page: 41
- Bird-Johnson Names Gulf Coast Manager page: 42
- Literature Describes Expanded EPSCO Radar Line page: 42
- New Hose Breakaway Coupling Prevents Spillage —Literature Available page: 46
- Conoco Plans Tension Leg Platform For N. Sea Depths To 2,000 Feet page: 47
- J.J. Krebs To Head Board Of Commissioners At Port Of New Orleans page: 47
- Is A Big Bulk Carrier A Good Bet? page: 48
- Key Promotions At Lockheed Shipbuilding page: 49
- Marathon Delivers Jackup Rig For China page: 50
- Ocean Salvors And Crescent Towing Add Gulf Salvage Station page: 51
- Ten EB Engineers Deliver Papers At Fourth Annual Honors Seminar page: 51
- Aerospace/Marine Technology Compared In New Book Available From SNAME page: 51
- Four VLCC Supertanker Conversions To Include Megasystems Seamatic II page: 52
- Port Of Portland Elects Officers For 1980 page: 52
- RCA Globcom Completes China Marisat Tests page: 52
- Literature Available On Rockwell's New High Pressure/Temp. Valves page: 53