MarTID 2020: Take the Global Maritime Training Survey
The third annual global Maritime Training Insights Database (MarTID) survey is officially open through February 29, 2020.
Take the MarTID 2020 Survey
To facilitate a broader response globally, the MarTID steering group again opted to both shorten the survey and to offer three, targeted versions for these three stakeholders:
- Vessel operator survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020MarTIDOperator
- METI survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020MarTIDMETI
- Seafarer survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020MarTIDSeafarer
Why is MarTID Important?
This MarTID initiative is the first of its kind in the world. There is broad agreement that roughly 80% of maritime accidents involve human factors causes. As such, vessel operators and maritime training centers are pouring significant resources into creating best practice and innovative training programs. The MarTID database will grow in breadth and depth annually with your participation, shining a light on the training approaches and successes of global vessel operators and training centers. Insightful, hard-to-get information inside the report include global trends in training budgets, average training amount spent per seafarer and trends in training technologies and training models.
What’s in it for me?
As was the case in the past two surveys, the 2020 survey will be followed by a series of publicly-available reports, broadly published. These reports will provide both high-level and deep-dive information covering both broad trends as well as deep coverage of the 2020 special topic. Although MarTID was founded and run by the three partner organizations, it requires community involvement to succeed. Your participation, approximately 30 minutes of your time, helps to broaden the depth of information.
- Vessel owner/operators will have a means to benchmark their own training initiatives.
- Maritime training institutions will be able to better gauge future needs.
- Seafarers will potentially have a clearer picture of evolving skills requirements.
What is MarTID?
MarTID is a non-commercial, joint initiative of the World Maritime University, Marine Learning Systems and New Wave Media. Its core principles include ethical integrity, objectivity and confidentiality. It was launched in 2018 with the completion of the inaugural survey and publication of the 2018 Training Practices Report, which can be found, along with the 2019 report, at www.MarTID.org.
Other stories from February 2020 issue
- Insights: Jennifer Carpenter, AWO President & CEO page: 12
- The Federal Government’s 2020 Inland Impact page: 22
- 2020 Vision page: 26
- Sub M Progress – an Update page: 28
- Marine News' 2020 ATB Report page: 32
- MarTID 2020: Take the Global Maritime Training Survey page: 40
- C&C Building Towboat Trio for Hines Furlong page: 42
- Better Blasting: Send in the Robots page: 50
- Spending More Time at Sea page: 53